Chapter Social Date: Sunday February 28, 2016
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St., Oak Creek
Time: Seminars starting at 11:30 AM, Chili Dump Lunch, Social Approximately 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, email@example.com or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITIES FOR FEBRUARY:
- ROMEO breakfast ride on Wed. February 10. Meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson at 7:45 or just meet us at the restaurant. The destination chosen at the January social is the Mad Rooster Cafe. It’s located at 4401 W. Greenfield Av. which is Greenfield Av. and Miller Park Way.
- Dinner ride on Wed. Feb. 17th at 5:30 PM to That’s Amore’, 5080 S 108th St, Greenfield. There was a sign-up sheet at the Jan. social, but if you miss the social and want to come, please contact Rich or Sharon (contact info above) so we know how many to reserve for.
- February social on Sunday Feb. 28 at the WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek. This month the social will be preceded by seminars and a chili dump lunch. We’ll start around 11:30 with the first seminar and take it from there. The social itself will start about 3:00 as usual.
Please check the calendar for up-to-date information.
- The annual chapter G Winter Get-Away will be at the Best Western Baraboo Inn, 725 W. Pine St. Baraboo, WI from Friday March 4 – Sunday March 6. We have a block of rooms set but you must reserve by February 4 to guarantee you’ll be with our group and get the group rate. The phone number is: 608-356-1100. Be sure to tell them you’re with Chapter G.
- Wednesday March 9, 7:45AM. Meet at the KwikTrip at 51st & Rawson or just meet us at the restaurant. The restaurant will be chosen at the February social. The location will be posted on the calendar on the chapter website at the beginning of March.
- Wednesday March 16, 5:30PM. This month our dinner ride will be to China Chef, 1224 Milwaukee Av., South Milwaukee. Meet us there at 5:30PM.
- March Social – Sunday March 20 at 3:00PM. At WaterStone bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek. PLEASE NOTE, IT IS NOT THE LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH. MARCH 27 IS EASTER SUNDAY, SO OUR SOCIAL WILL BE A WEEK EARLIER THAN NORMAL.
From The Director:
January is history, and old man winter is truly and sincerely settled in. We were pretty much spoiled by December. Some of us even got to ride a couple times, but January definitely brought us back to reality. At least we’re another month closer to the return of riding season. That’s always something to dream about these cold winter nights.
We’re back in the swing of chapter events again, with a ROMEO breakfast ride on the 10th and a dinner ride to That’s Amore’ on the 17th.
The biggest event this month will take place on Sunday Feb. 28. We will, of course, have our monthly social then, but the social will be preceded by two informative presentations and, what seems to becoming a February tradition, a chili dump lunch.
The first talk will be by Dr. Mike LaBlanc, a Chiropractor/Nutritional Counselor in Elm Grove. He will have a presentation titled “How To Stay Young Your First 100 Years”. It’s a power point that talks about how to take better care of our backs and necks, so that we keep our mobility, especially as we get older. Since most of us are no longer “spring chickens” this seems like a very appropriate topic for our chapter. Dr. Mike says, “I treat quite a few riders, and they appreciate that my treatments keep them riding”.
After Dr. Mike’s presentation we’ll have our delicious chili dump lunch. Following that Bob Schattschneider will give a short seminar titled “HIGH SIDE CRASHES”. We expect to start the regular social about 3:00 as usual.
For the chili dump, we ask that everyone bring a quart of your favorite chili recipe to go into the “dump”. We’ll also have extra things we’ll need such as onions, cheese, bread, butter, oyster crackers, and a couple desserts. We’ll make a pot (or more) of coffee, but if you want soda be sure to bring it with you or bring some $1bills so you can buy it from the machine in the hall. We certainly hope many members will join us for this excellent opportunity to get very helpful information on motorcycle safety, but also on important health issues that affect us all.
Finally, on this very busy Sunday, during the regular social we’ll see a presentation from Mr. TJ Oman, who is the founder of an organization which is planning a motorcycle event for blind and visually impaired veterans. His organization is named VIPER Ride. It’s intended to give visually impaired vets a chance to experience the fun of riding on a motorcycle. He’ll be explaining how the event will work and how we as bikers and even non-bikers can give back to our vets. Later this month I’ll be forwarding the email note I received from TJ which gives some of the basics of the event.
One of the chapter’s most popular outings comes the weekend after the February social. Friday March 4 – Sunday March 6 is our annual Winter Get-Away. For many years we’ve held it in Wisconsin Dells, but this year we decided to try someplace new. It will be at the Best Western Baraboo Inn located at 725 W. Pine St. in Baraboo. We have a block of rooms set aside with a special group rate, but you must reserve by Feb. 4 to be sure to get the group rate and be with the rest of us. The number is: 608-356-1100. Be sure to tell them you’re with Chapter G.
This has become one of our member’s favorite chapter outings. It gives us a chance to spend some quality time with each other and have some great fun.
The motel has just finished an extensive remodeling effort. The area where the free hot breakfast is served is brand new, the rooms are all recently updated, and it has a very nice (and spotlessly clean) pool and hot tub. We’re also renting a conference (read PARTY) room. We’re hopeful that everyone will enjoy this new venue and have a great time.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all at all of our upcoming events. Be safe and stay warm.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G Direct
Happy February Birthdays:
Nat Cerami- 1st, B.J. Parrot – 25th, and Bruce Johnson – 27th