We are a family organization based in the metropolitan Milwaukee Area. We have been in existence since 1983 and we are the largest GWRRA chapter in the state of Wisconsin. Besides our love of Gold Wings, we love to have fun. You will commonly see our members riding together and doing non-motorcycling events. We enjoy meeting new people and we accept new members with open arms. If you have a technical question, most likely someone in our group will be able to assist. Our activities range from safety fairs, weekend camping/hotel trips, winter getaways to fight those winter non-biking blues, hockey games, fundraisers, dinner rides, and the list goes on and on. So, put down the kickstand and take a ride through our pages. If you happen to be in the neighborhood on a social night, stop in, we’d love to see you.
CHAPTER G NEWS – January, 2016
Chapter Social Date: Sunday January 31, 2016
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St., Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITIES FOR JANUARY:
- ROMEO breakfast ride: Wed. January 13, 2016 – 7:45AM to 9:30 AM. This month we’re going to the Original Pancake House 16460 W Bluemound Rd. Brookfield. Meet at the Kwik Trip on 51st and Rawson or just meet us at the restaurant.
- Dinner ride: Wed. January 20, 2016. 5:30 to 7:30 PM. Azteca Restaurant, 901 Milwaukee Avenue, South Milwaukee
- January Social. Sunday Jan. 31, 2016 – 3:00 to 5:00PM WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek WI
Please check the calendar for up-to-date information.
- ROMEO breakfast ride on Wed. February 10. Meet at the KwikTrip on 51st & Rawson at 7:45 or just meet us at the restaurant. The destination will be determined at the January social. The name and address of the restaurant chosen will be posted on the calendar on the chapter website at the beginning of February.
- Dinner ride on Wed. Feb. 17th at 5:30 PM to That’s Amore’, 5080 S 108th St, Greenfield. There will be a sign-up sheet at the Jan. social, but if you miss the social and want to come, please contact Rich or Sharon (contact info above) so we know how many to reserve for.
- February social on Sunday Feb. 28 at the WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek. This month the social will be preceded by a seminar and chili dump. We’ll start around 12:30 with the seminar and take it from there. The social will start about 3:00 as usual.
From The Director:
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016
Hope you all had a great holiday season, with a blessed Christmas and an enjoyable New Year’s celebration.
It’s amazing how fast 2015 flew by. Here we are having celebrated the arrival of 2016.
Often the start of a new year brings changes in our lives. That’s also the case this year with Chapter G. Our Assistant chapter directors, Art and Pat Kuenstler, and chapter educator, Dick Choyke, have stepped down. Sharon and I want to express our sincere thanks to all three for the wonderful support we’ve gotten from them over the past two years. We couldn’t have done it without them.
Fortunately, we’ve had other members step forward to pick up the load. We’re happy to announce that Mike Stockinger is the new ACD and Bob and Ginny Schattschneider are the chapter educators. We really appreciate the way they’ve jumped in to help both us and the whole chapter. We’re looking forward to working with them to make chapter life even better than it is already.
It’s been a little surprising how much warmer this winter has been so far compared to the previous couple of years. I even had the bike out a few times in December which certainly wasn’t possible the past few winters. Hope some of you have had the chance to take advantage of some bonus time on the bike too.
We’re getting back into the swing of things with the chapter after taking some time off for the holiday season. We’ll be back to ROMEO breakfast rides, dinner rides and regular monthly socials from now on. (Please see the information above and, as always, we have our events listed on the calendar attached to the chapter website.)
We’re hoping to make our February social a special day again in 2016. We will have a seminar presented and join in a chili dump, which has become sort of tradition with our February socials the last few years. There will be more information on this later, both via emails and on the chapter website.
We really would like to see you all at a breakfast ride, a dinner ride, and the chapter social this month. We’re looking forward to another year of great fun and fellowship with our whole chapter G family.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G Direct
Mike Stockinger – 20th, Steve Schattschneider – 27th