Chapter Social Date: Sunday March 20, 2016
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St., Oak Creek
Time: The social will start at 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITIES FOR MARCH:
- The annual chapter G Winter Get-Away will be at the Best Western Baraboo Inn, 725 W. Pine St. Baraboo, WI from Friday March 4 – Sunday March 6. It’s not too late to reserve a room if you want to join us for a fun weekend. Christin has a several interesting things for us to do on Saturday. The phone number is: 608-356-1100. Be sure to tell them you’re with Chapter G.
- Wednesday March 9, at about 8:00 AM. We’ve decided to meet at the restaurant during the winter months. The restaurant chosen at the February social is Sunrise Restaurant located at 2418 10th Av. (in the Sunrise Shopping Center) South Milwaukee.
- Wednesday March 16, 5:30PM. This month our dinner ride will be to China Chef, 1224 Milwaukee Av., South Milwaukee. Meet us there at 5:30PM.
- March Social – Sunday March 20 at 3:00PM. At WaterStone bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek. PLEASE NOTE, IT IS NOT THE LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH. MARCH 27 IS EASTER SUNDAY, SO OUR SOCIAL WILL BE A WEEK EARLIER THAN NORMAL.
- Wednesday April 13. Breakfast ride. We’ve decided to just meet at the restaurant at about 8:00 AM during the winter months. The destination will be chosen at the March social.
- Wednesday April 20 at 5:30 PM. This month we’ll be at the Valley Inn, located at 4000 W. Clybourn Street, Milwaukee.
- Sunday April 24 is our monthly social at 3:00 PM. As usual we’ll meet at the WaterStone Bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek.
From The Director:
In some parts of the country March is the start of spring. Unfortunately, here in Wisconsin it’s still pretty much winter. That’s why our “Winter Get-away” is this month. It is from Friday the 4th through Sunday the 6th. We’re looking forward to a great time at out new location at the Best Western Baraboo Inn. It’s one of the most enjoyable and fun events we have each year. While March is usually still quite cold and wintery, it sometimes has nice days which remind us that spring is getting closer, and there is a light at the end of the winter tunnel. I imagine everyone is as tired of winter, and not being able to ride, as we are. It’s also a good month to get started on the little jobs that will have the bike ready for when it’s actually nice enough to ride regularly.We had a great time and, as always, the food was very good at our February dinner ride to That’s Amore’. Our February social, which included seminars,
a chili dump lunch,
and the regular social (with a presentation by Mr. T J Oman about the “Viper Ride”, which will be a ride for visually impaired veterans) gave us lots of things to think about and some ideas on which to follow up.
As noted above we’ll have our monthly breakfast and dinner “rides” in March and our social will be the second last Sunday of the month (not the last Sunday) at the WaterStone bank. Several members have said they’re working on plans for rides this summer, including rides to The House on the Rock, the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa Iowa, and the “Pizza Farm” in Athens WI. There will be specific information coming at future socials and in future newsletters. At the April social Sharon and I will be presenting the information on the 2016 Circle Tour. It is starting to look like a busy and fun summer. Keep a good thought, and just hold on, we’ll be riding again soon.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G Direct
Happy March Birthdays:
Bob Gorecki- 2nd, Noah Borkenhagen – 19th, Pat Kuenstler – 20th
Noah & Lynn Borkenhagen – 22nd, Tom and Kenlee Ballmann – 29th