Chapter Social Date: Sunday April 24, 2016
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St., Oak Creek
Time: The social will start at 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, email@example.com or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITES FOR APRIL:
- Wednesday April 13. Breakfast ride. We’ve decided to just meet at the restaurant at about 8:00 AM during the winter months. This month the destination is Miss Katie’s Diner, 1900 W. Clybourn Street, Milwaukee, WI.
- Wednesday April 20 at 5:30 PM. This month we’ll be at the Valley Inn, located at 4000 W. Clybourn Street, Milwaukee.
- Sunday April 24 is our monthly social at 3:00 PM. As usual we’ll meet at the WaterStone Bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek.
- Wednesday May 11 is the date for this month’s ROMEO breakfast ride. If the temperature is decent we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st and Rawson at 7:45 and ride to the restaurant. If it’s cold just meet us at the restaurant about 8:00 AM. The destination will be chosen at the April social. Look for the information in the calendar on the chapter website. It will be posted immediately after the social.
- Wednesday May 18 at 5:30 PM is our dinner ride. The destination is Dobie’s Steak House, 4136 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Saint Francis.
- This month the Social is Sunday May 22, starting at 3:00 PM at the WaterStone Bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek. (PLEASE NOTE THE SOCIAL IS NOT THE LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH BECAUSE THAT’S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND)
From The Director:
WOW, it’s April already.
Even here in SE Wisconsin it’s the beginning of the riding season. OK, so you have to dress really warmly (or wear heated clothes if you have any), but we’re a hearty bunch, and our riding season is so short we have to do it when we can.
March was a good month for Chapter G. We had our annual Winter Get-Away on the 4th through the 6th. We moved it to Baraboo this year, and everyone seemed to be quite happy with the new location. The Best Western Baraboo Inn was a nice place and the staff couldn’t have been any more helpful and friendly.
Christen Harding had a great day planned for us on Saturday. We toured a new winery and a new distillery. (Do you sense a minor theme here??) However, the highlight of the day for many of us was a tour of the beautifully refurbished Al Ringling Theater right on the square in downtown Baraboo.
We also had a nice lunch at “The Barn” outside of town, which had good food and equally good beer (there’s that theme again).
We really want to thank Christen again for the great job she does every year finding interesting and cool things for us to do in the area. She outdid herself this year.
Since we can at least hope for some nice warm days starting this month we need to make sure the bikes are in good condition so we can have a trouble free start to the riding season (they’re Gold Wings though, so that’s not real hard to do). If the spring weather continues to be warmer than usual May should really get us out on the road.
Looking well forward into June, please take note that the chapter fund raiser, which will again be in conjunction with the Sportland2 Openhouse and bike show, originally scheduled for Saturday 6/11, has been moved to Saturday 6/25. It seems that Road America has scheduled their event for the 11th and, not surprisingly, the venders all plan to be there that weekend. Who knows, maybe with the event scheduled later in June it will be warmer and we’ll sell more brats and soda.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at one or more of our events this month and many times all year long.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G Directs
Happy April Birthdays:
Mason Gorecki – 2nd, Terry Werth – 9th, Bob Schattschneider – 23rd
Willie and Bobbie Mabone – 17th