CHAPTER G NEWS – July, 2019
Chapter Social Date: Sunday July 28
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, email@example.com or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1.Wed. July 10 – ROMEO breakfast ride to Oak Creek diner located at 6874 S. 13th St. As usual, weather permitting, we’ll meet at the Kwik Trip on 51st & Rawson at 7:45 and ride to the restaurant. If the weather is bad, just meet at the restaurant at 8:30.
2.Wed. July 17 – dinner ride to Azteca Mexican restaurant at 901 Milwaukee Av. in So. Milwaukee. Meet there at 5:30 as usual.
- Sat. July 20 – Meet at Miss Katie’s Diner, 1900 W Clybourn St., Milwaukeeat 11:00 AM for lunch after which we’ll go over to the MSOE campus to view their rooftop sculpture garden.
- Sunday July 21 – The brunch ride to Fox &Hounds has been cancelled for lack of interest. 5.Sunday July 28 – Chapter G social starting at 3:00PM at WaterStone bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
1.Thurs. Aug. 8 – Sun. Aug. 11 – Region E reunion ride to La Crosse.
- Wed. Aug. 14 – ROMEO breakfast ride to Country Rose Bakery & Café, 19319 Washington Av. Union Grove. If the weather is good meet at the Kwik Trip at 51st and Rawson at 7:45 and we’ll ride to the restaurant. Otherwise meet there at 8:30.
- Saturday Aug. 17 – Annual Chapter G corn roast/picnic/chapter challenge at Jackson Park picnic area #10 in Milwaukee from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Come join us for some good food, great fellowship, and fun games. It’s a chance to take home the beautiful CHAPTER CHALLENGE TROPHY.
- Wed. Aug. 21 – dinner ride to Antigua Latin Inspired Kitchen, 6207 W. National Av. West Allis. As usual just meet at the restaurant at 5:30.
- Sunday Aug. 25 – 3:00 PM. Chapter G Social at WaterStone Bank. 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek. FROM THE DIRECTORS:
Happy Independence Day. Hope everyone has a fun filled and safe 4th of July celebration.
Our riding season is in full swing now, and except for some cool and wet weather it’s been a good start. June was a fun month for Chapter G. We had our ROMEO breakfast ride and the monthly dinner ride.
The highlight of June was our annual fundraiser in conjunction with Sportland 2 and their Open house and bike show. After a week of consistent forecasts of rain the weather turned out to be great and we didn’t get a drop. Thanks to all the members (and honorary members) who helped make it a fun and profitable event. Unfortunately, the change from its original date caused us to miss the district rally again. Between the fund raiser and our Fall Fling we just can’t seem to avoid conflicting with the district rally.
July promises to be a good month for the chapter too. Please see the information above. Also, please note that the brunch ride that was listed on the calendar for Sunday June 21 has been cancelled because the members showed no interest in doing it.
August promises to be a great month for chapter and district events so please take a look at the chapter and district calendars. We’re looking forward to seeing many of you at these upcoming events.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G directors
July Birthdays: Art Kuenstler – 1st
July Anniversaries: None