CHAPTER G NEWS – August, 2019
Chapter Social Date: Sunday August 25,2019
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek
Time: 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
1.Thurs. Aug. 8 – Sun. Aug. 11 – Region E reunion ride to La Crosse.
- Wed. Aug. 14 – ROMEO breakfast ride to Country Rose Bakery & Café, 19319 Washington Av. Union Grove. If the weather is good meet at the Kwik Trip at 51st and Rawson at 7:45 and we’ll ride to the restaurant. Otherwise meet there at 8:30.
- Saturday Aug. 17 – Annual Chapter G corn roast/picnic/chapter challenge at Jackson Park picnic area #10 in Milwaukee from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Come join us for some good food, great fellowship, and fun games. It’s a chance to take home the beautiful CHAPTER CHALLENGE TROPHY.
- Wed. Aug. 21 – dinner ride to Antigua Latin Inspired Kitchen, 6207 W. National Av. West Allis. As usual just meet at the restaurant at 5:30.
- Sat. August 24 – Wisconsin District picnic 11:30 AM to 1PM. Pioneer Park Westfield WI.
- Sunday Aug. 25 – 3:00 PM. Chapter G Social at WaterStone Bank. 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek.
1.Wed. Sept. 11- ROMEO Lunch ride to Bullwinkle’s Pub 20290 W. Bluemound Rd. Meet at the KwikTrip at 51st & Rawson at 11:00 AM and we’ll ride to the pub. Bad weather we’ll just meet there at 11:30. 2. Friday Sept. 13 – Sun. Sept. 15. Annual Fall Fling has been cancelled for 2019. 3. Wed. Sept. 18, monthly dinner ride. This month we’ll be meeting at the Point Burger Pub at 4900 S. Moorland Rd. As usual meet at the restaurant at 5:30. 4. Sunday Sept. 29 – 3:00PM. September Social at WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St. in Oak Creek
FROM THE DIRECTORS:
WOW. Is the summer flying bye. How can July be over and it’s August already?!?
We finally had some really great riding weather in July. Hopefully everyone got out and put some quality miles on the bike.
One of the most interesting things some of us did in July was the lunch at Miss Katey’s Diner and then the visit to the MSOE Grohman Tower Art Museum. What an amazing collection of original art depicting all forms of labor and engineering. The museum building and its contents were all donated by a Milwaukee businessman and philanthropist named Eckhart Grohmann, who is also an MSOE regent. This museum is truly a hidden gem in downtown Milwaukee.
Boy, August is going to be one BUSY month. As you can see from the information above we have something going on every week and almost every weekend, starting with the ride to La Crosse and ending with the social.
The annual Corn roast/Picnic is always one of the highlights of the summer. We really need chapter G to turn out this year to help us get back the Chapter Challenge trophy from chapter N. You can be sure they’ll be bringing a lot of people to defend it.
We’re really looking forward to seeing you at one or all of our events this month. We’ll be having a great time.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G directors
August Birthdays: Katy Hickman – 3rd; Willy Mabone – 5th.
August Anniversaries: None