CHAPTER G NEWS – MAY, 2016
Sunday May 22, 2016 (2 last Sunday of May due to Mem. Day)
Chapter Social Date: Sunday May 22, 2016 (2nd last Sunday of May due to Mem. Day)
Social Location: WaterStone Bank, 6560 S. 27th St., Oak Creek
Time: The social will start at 3:00 PM
Contact: Rich & Sharon Winkler, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-477-2138
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wig.org
ACTIVITES FOR MAY:
- Wednesday May 11 is the date for this month’s ROMEO breakfast ride. If the temperature is decent we’ll meet at the KwikTrip on 51st and Rawson at 7:45 and ride to the restaurant. If it’s cold just meet us at the restaurant about 8:00 AM. The destination chosen at the April social is Johnny V’s, located at 1650 S. 84th St..
- Wednesday May 18 is our dinner ride. The destination is Dobie’s Steak House, 4136 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Saint Francis. Meet at the restaurant at 5:30 PM.
- This month the Social is Sunday May 22, starting at 3:00 PM at the WaterStone Bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek. (PLEASE NOTE THE SOCIAL IS NOT THE LAST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH BECAUSE THAT’S MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND)
- Wed. June 8, ROMEO breakfast ride. We’ll meet at the KwikTrip station on 51st and Rawson at 7:45 and ride to the restaurant, or if you wish you can just meet us there. The destination will be picked at the May Social.
- Wed. June 15 Dinner ride to Joe’s K Ranch, 4840 S. Whitnall Av. in Cudahy. Meet at the restaurant at 5:30. Join us for some good food and even better fellowship.
- .Saturday June 25. Chapter G Fundraiser at Sportland 2, located at 7221 S. 13th St. Oak Creek, in conjunction with their Open House/Bike Show. We’ll be selling brats, hot dogs, and all the fixings from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Sunday June 26. Chapter G Social at the WaterStone Bank located at 6560 S. 27th St. Oak Creek. The social starts at 3:00 Pm.
From the Director:
Unfortunately, we have to begin this month’s director’s entry with some very sad news. Our friend and fellow chapter G member Willy Risser was diagnosed with liver cancer and was placed in hospice care. Willy lost his fight with cancer, and passed away at 9:30 Friday April 22. Willy’s funeral was on Thurs. April 28 at the Heritage Funeral Home on S. 84th St. in Milwaukee. We are keeping his family in our thoughts and prayers. Per the family’s request the chapter made a memorial donation to the Zilber Hospice.
On a happier note:
Happy Mother’s Day all you fantastic Chapter G Moms!
Honest to goodness riding weather is finally here!
While we were blessed with a few days of gorgeous weather in April, and I’m sure everybody put a few miles on their bikes, we’re finally into what really passes for Spring in Wisconsin.
I find it harder and harder to be a mature adult and do all the chores and the things on the honey-do list. Instead, I find myself giving in to the temptation to be a kid and hop on the bike and have fun. Fortunately, Sharon has the same problem, so we both end up going out to play when the grand spring weather finally arrives with regularity.
We did have some fun as a group in April, with a nice breakfast at Miss Katy’s Diner on the 13th and some excellent food and fellowship at The Valley Inn on the 20th, once we all finally found the place. Located at 40th and Clybourn in “Pigsville”, it sure is off the beaten path, but we all agreed that it was worth the effort to find it.
We got quite a bit of information on upcoming rides at the April social. It’s starting to look like we’re going to have a really active and fun summer in 2016. Please go to the chapter website and check the calendar regularly. The calendar will be updated as often as a new event is set up by one of our group.
One of our most important events of the summer is coming in June. Originally scheduled for Saturday June 11, our chapter fundraiser in conjunction with the Sportalnd 2 Open House/Bike show, has now been moved to Saturday June 25, due to a conflict with the bike event at Road America, which drew all the vendors who also attend the Sportland 2 event.
Much more information on the event will be coming in the near future.
Hoping everyone will have a great month of spring time riding.
KEEP THE SHINEY SIDE UP AND THE DIRTY SIDE DOWN.
Rich & Sharon Winkler – Chapter G Directs
Happy May Birthdays:
John Hickman – 8th, Lynn Borkenhagen – 15th
Albert & BJ Parot – 6th